"I've always dreamed of being an old philosopher. So far I've achieved one out of two!"
Persevere Through the Scoffing
20 But you, beloved, build yourselves up on your most holy faith; pray in the Holy Spirit; 21 keep yourselves in the love of God; wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22 And convince some, who doubt; 23 save some, by snatching them out of the fire; on some have mercy with fear, hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
1. Who or what are the "scoffers" of today? What does it mean to "persevere through the scoffing?"
2. What makes us vulnerable to believing the scoffers at work, in the community, in the world, in the church?
HOMEWORK and continuation . . . .
3. What can you do to defend yourself and your beliefs?
4. What causes a person to doubt their faith? What have you experienced? How did you get through the doubt?
5. What can you do to help yourself and others in times of doubt?
6. What is one thing you could do during the next month to prevent the viewpoint of a scoffer from taking hold?